gc-improv code merged to mainline, trunk is still frozen

Hi all,

I've committed the gc-improv code to trunk. The testsuite is still
running, however bootstrap went fine on x86_64/linux. Due to nature of
the changes, any problems should show up as bootstrap compile errors
and on x86_64/linux I don't expect them.

The problems are more (although IMHO not much) likely to crop up in
other backends, where I did testing on the branch on the compile farm
a couple of months ago and in the backends where I could only verify
that cross-compiler still builds.

So feel free now to try to bootstrap and regtest the trunk on your
favorite architecture to see if anything breaks.

Thanks!
--
Laurynas