This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gc-improv merge plan (will need trunk freeze)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:51:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: gc-improv merge plan (will need trunk freeze)
- References: <AANLkTinEEx2JAC3O3-lUxdYUFlSVWGgaMXV7Gh1qAUBW@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Laurynas Biveinis
> Hello all -
> All the patches from gc-improv merge have been approved. Due to the
> scope of the changes, the merge will need trunk freeze. Thus I am
> planning to do it next Tuesday, at 7am CEST. The freeze should last
> about 2-3 hours.
> Alternatively I could also do the merge tomorrow at the same time, but
> I cannot give the 48h notice then. So unless I get a green light for
> tomorrow's merge, the next Tuesday it is.
> Here is the overview of the branch:
Major merges should not freeze the trunk for hours but for a day. We
should ensure that the trunk is quiescent before the merge and allow
other developers to update and test before intermixing other patches.