This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Help with expanding compare


Hello,

Just did so... :-)
and it indeed solves this.

Thanks,
Revital




From:       Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org>
To:         Revital1 Eres/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
Cc:         gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Date:       25/05/2010 03:57 PM
Subject:    Re: Help with expanding compare
Sent by:    Paolo Bonzini <paolo.bonzini@gmail.com>



On 05/25/2010 12:13 PM, Revital1 Eres wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using current mainline to compile a testcase which contains a loop.
> The target I'm working on supports cmpsi pattern.
>
> While expanding the loop condition I get that do_compare_rtx_and_jump ()
> and
>   do_jump_by_parts_greater_rtx () call each other repeatedly.
>
> The test I'm compiling passes OK when using GCC 4.4.  Looking into the
> difference between the two versions that might caused this problem;
> I see that in GCC4.4 can_compare_p () asks if the target supports
> cmp_optab. while GCC4.6 does not ask for this opcode and thus IIUC causes
> the later call to do_jump_by_parts_greater_rtx ().

Have you converted cmpsi to cbranchsi4?

Paolo



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]