This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Where does the time go?


On Mon, 24 May 2010, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> As to whether this is a better choice than working on GIMPLE back-ends,
> I think that's unclear.  There's no question that a GIMPLE back-end
> would be prettier.  I think it's a question of what your goals are.  If

I don't think of the two as being mutually exclusive; the end point of a 
series of improvements to RTL types and datastructures could be that RTL 
ends up as a form of GIMPLE, if the changes are planned that way (and if 
you are making such changes to RTL, the advantages of moving towards 
low-GIMPLE are clear).

-- 
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]