This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: arm-elf float-abi defaults...
On Fri, 14 May 2010, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >> But, of course, arm-elf is really a dead ABI at this point...
> >
> > hmmm... if it's dead enough, it becomes a moot point, doesn't it?
>
> It's pretty dead. Richard Earnshaw recently suggested deprecating
> arm-elf in GCC 4.6. I think that's reasonable; most of the major
> operating systems (not just GNU/Linux, but embedded operating systems
> too) have switched to the EABI, not just for compatibility with one
> another, but because it's technically superior.
I don't think VxWorks has yet switched to EABI. In previous discussions
on the gcc list I've suggested that the RTEMS configuration ought to
switch, but it hasn't yet. If the BSDs are using EABI, their
configurations in FSF GCC haven't been updated accordingly. (All the many
RTOSes without special configurations in GCC may have switched from
arm-elf to arm-eabi, of course.)
--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com