Re: Type-generic macros with C

JÃrg Leis <joerg@joergleis.com> writes:

> would it be possible for GCC to ignore the expression that is not
> chosen by __builtin_choose_expr?
>
> Furthermore, it seems like this built-in function inhibits GCC's
> ability to inline functions. I get an undefined reference when I
> compile without -O2; the function is defined in C99-mode as "inline".
>
> I am sorry if I am posting to the wrong list.

You are, in fact, posting to the wrong list.  The right list for this
kind of question is gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.  Please take any followups
to that list.  Thanks.

My understanding is that __builtin_choose_expr does ignore the
expression that is not chosen, so you must mean something other than I
what mean.  Please post an example.

Ian