Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

   1) The back-and-forth is too much for casual contributors. If it is
   more effort to do the legal work than to submit the first patch,
   then they will never submit any patch at all.

Please do not exaggerate, if people have time for threads like these,
then they have time to send a short email with some questions or wait
a few days for a piece of paper to sign.

   2) Potential contributors are lost as to what changes to make. I
   was lucky that someone helped me to draft the document but this is
   probably an exception.

Wether a change is required is up to who is signing the form, if they
are not willing to sign it then respective legal departments should be
contacted.

Please contact legal@gnu.org for further discussions about the topic.