Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

> So how much liability is required for somebody to accept in order to be
> allowed to contribute to GCC?

This was answered already.  It's the same for EVERY software project
(not unique to GCC): if I steal somebody's copyrighted material and
"contribute" it to a software project, I am liable for the FULL EXTENT
of damages that my action caused.  This is true whether I sign an
"assignment" document or not.