Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

On 4/23/2010 1:05 PM, HyperQuantum wrote:
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM, HyperQuantum<hyperquantum@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez
<lopezibanez@gmail.com> wrote:
What reasons keep you from contributing to GCC?
The lack of time, for the most part.
I submitted a feature request once. It's now four years old, still
open, and the last message it received was two years ago. (PR26061)
The average time for acceptance of a PR with a patch submission from an outsider such as ourselves is over 2 years, and by then the patch no longer fits, has to be reworked, and is about to become moot.
I still have the FSF paperwork in force, as far as I know, from over a decade ago, prior to my current employment. Does it become valid again upon termination of employment? My current employer has no problem with the FSF paperwork for employees whose primary job is maintenance of gnu software (with committee approval), but this does not extend to those of us for whom it is a secondary role. There once was a survey requesting responses on how our FSF submissions compared before and after current employment began, but no summary of the results.

--
Tim Prince