Re: Why not contribute? (to GCC)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
I don't see LLVM+CLANG as a threat. I see it as a stimulating competitor, and I
hope core GCC developers and potential contributors see it that way.
My dream for GCC is to beat LLVM+CLANG, not emulate it.

I agree, and I would even add that if LLVM+CLANG happens to win, it is not such a big deal. Free software (as an ideal, and as a practice) is more important than individual lines of code.

What is important is the existence of good free compilers, and having fun to hack inside them.

Cheers.

-- Basile STARYNKEVITCH http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/ email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359 8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France *** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***