Re: GCC 4.5.0 Released

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:22:32AM -0700, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> Is there any one against advertising GCC to the fullest extent? The
> problem, as always, is who will do this job. But I don't think nobody
> will be against if you create a GCC blog/tweeter/youtube channel and
> start writing nice articles for various magazines/journals/newspapers.
> People may criticize what you say if it is untrue or inaccurate, but
> per-se more (positive) visibility of GCC is good.

If someone wants to volunteer to write an article about all the delicious
goodness of 4.5.0, that would be cool, and lwn.net and others would
be interested in publishing such a thing.  But the RMs have enough work
to do as is, so it shouldn't be up to Mark to produce a beautifully
written "white paper".

As you say, the problem is who will do this job.