Re: dragonegg in FSF gcc?

On 04/14/2010 03:36 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 08:24:35AM +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
Hi Steven,

FWIW, this sounds great and all... but I haven't actually seen any
comparisons of GCC vs. LLVM with DragonEgg. A search with Google
doesn't give me any results.

Can you point out some postings where people actually made a
comparison between GCC and LLVM with DragonEgg?

I gave some comparisons in my talk at the 2009 LLVM developers meeting. See the links at the bottom of http://dragonegg.llvm.org/

Since then I've been working on completeness and correctness, and didn't
do any additional benchmarking yet.  I don't know if anyone else did any
benchmarking.  If so they didn't inform me.

Duncan, It would be interesting to know what the Sqlite3 -O3/-O2 benchmarks show for llvm 2.7. I benchmarked about a 14% improvement in the Polyhedron 2005 benchmarks over a 13 month period of llvm development. Perhaps the current numbers look a bit better.

This kind of summarizes where the interest for dragonegg lies. :-P

Paolo

ps: look at smiley before clicking "reply"