Re: fixed-point support in c++

On 3/19/10, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 16/03/2010 09:15, Sean D'Epagnier wrote:
>
>   Do you have a copyright assignment on file for GCC?  For a non-trivial
> contribution of this size, it's a requirement before the patch can be
> accepted.

Yes this should be fine.

>   Once that is established, your patch would need a changelog entry in the
> standard format, and you need to have built the compiler both patched and
> clean and run a full C and C++ testsuite on both to check for regressions.

I have not run the testsuite before, I have run "make check" on the
latest svn gcc for  C and C++ without any patches, and it fails:
# of expected passes            7052
# of unexpected failures        1
# of expected failures          95
# of unsupported tests          341

Would the patch I have be ok if I get the same results?  Or do I need
to wait until there are no unexpected failures?

Thanks
Sean