Re: dragonegg in FSF gcc?

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:
>> Err, well. ?I do not see how most of the code is OS specific
>> anyway - there is _very_ little code in GCC that is OS specific.
>>
>> Richard.
>
> Richard,
> ? Except for LTO (for which dragon-egg represents a way around
> since we can use the llvm's libLTO with that).

No, LTO is in fact not very OS specific at all. Just because your
favorite platform isn't supported, does not mean that something in GCC
is linux-specific. LTO works on all targets with ELF binaries, and
patches exist to make it work with COFF binaries too. You could add
MACH-O support, it shouldn't be very difficult to do if you can follow
Dave's example.

But instead you go to LLVM, which is, bottom line, not a solution for
GCC -- and that's what this thread is all about to me.

Ciao!
Steven