Re: Notes from the GROW'10 workshop panel (GCC research opportunities workshop)

On Apr 11, 2010, at 5:54 AM, Dorit Nuzman wrote:

> * Get statistics on percentage of papers/projects that use compilers other
> than GCC, and ask them why...

Hi Dorit,

Here is a semi reasonably list of llvm-based publications: http://llvm.org/pubs/ which might be useful.

>  (By the way, why was OpenCL implemented only on LLVM and not on GCC?)

There are many reasons, but one of the biggest is the GCC doesn't (practically speaking) support JIT compilation.  While it is possible to implement OpenCL on GCC, I suspect that the end result wouldn't be very compelling without some major architecture changes.

-Chris