implementing load 8 byte instruction

Hi,

I am trying to implement a simple load 8 bytes instruction.
I tried to use movdi so that it would allocate two sequential
registers for the load.
It starts well but in pass subreg1 the insns are decomposed and all DI
operands are replaced with SI.

I understand that this is a desireable optimzation but then the load
is done using two load 4 bytes instructions.

Does anybody has any idea what should I do?

Thanks.