Re: constant hoisting out of loops

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 11:27 +0800, fanqifei wrote:
> You are correct. The reload pass emitted the clr.w insn.
> However, I can see loop opt passes after reload:
> problem1.c.174r.loop2_invariant1

Not unless you have a modified toolchain.  We don't run loop opt after
register allocation.  See the list of optimization passes in the FSF GCC
passes.c file.  loop2 occurs before ira/postreload.  If you do have a
modified toolchain, then I doubt that the current loop passes would work
right, since they were designed to handle pseudo-regs not hard-regs.

Jim