Re: Dead Store Elimination

On 10/22/09 11:14, Pranav Bhandarkar wrote:
Are you talking about the tree dead-store elimination pass or
the RTL one? Basically *addr = value1; cannot be removed
if addr does not point to local memory or if the pointed-to
memory escapes through a call-site that is dominated by this store.
I am talking about the RTL dead-store elimination. In my case addr is
based on the stack pointer and the store is to a local variable on the
stack.
File a bug with a complete testcase.

I believe we're supposed to handle this, but I'm not absolutely certain we do (traditionally the way to handle this is to treat the return insn as storing into each stack slot for the purposes of dse analysis).

jeff