Re: Dealing with warnings on __attribute__((user)) when dehydra is not loaded

Benjamin> Dehydra is going to switch from the generic user attribute to
Benjamin> specific GCC-registered attributes __attribute__((NS_final))
Benjamin> at some point when one of us can code it up.

Benjamin> I don't particularly like __attribute__((plugin (pluginname,
Benjamin> arg))). You're forced to code plugin names into your source,
Benjamin> when you may not actually know the name of the plugin that's
Benjamin> going to process your annotations.

Yeah, that makes sense.

It seems to me that there are two problems here.  One is the namespace
problem, and the other is avoiding warnings for certain attributes.

Registering attributes by name solves the first one but not the second.

Tom