This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [LTO merge][0/15] Description of the final 15 patches
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:46:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: [LTO merge][0/15] Description of the final 15 patches
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> gets from the linker. Since the linker plugin is a shared
> object, and it uses libiberty functions, it needs to use a
> shared libiberty.
Why can't they just link a static libiberty?