This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Solaris GCC maintainer question...
- From: <tscheresky at micron dot com>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:15:37 -0600
- Subject: Solaris GCC maintainer question...
I posted the following question about GCC and Solaris locale support to
both gcc-help and libstdc++:
It was recommended I try darwin, or ieee_1003.1-2001 for
--enable-clocale when building GCC. None of these suggestions worked.
See here for details:
But what I would really like to know, from the Solaris GCC maintainer,
is it a fact that the locale model for libstdc++ is 'generic', for all
versions of GCC from 3.4.x to 4.4.1, on Solaris 8 or newer, and there
will be no support for locales other than C, and POSIX? If so, what's
the likelihood that this will change in the future?