Re: armv4t

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:54:17AM -0600, Kevin Handy wrote:
> What version of GCC will build for a cross --target=armv4t-linux-eabi,
> which I believe is the right code for an ixp425 processor? The host
> compiler is gcc-4.3.3 on a Linux-debian-test system. I have also tried
> unsuccessfully tried the armv5t target, with similar results.

Don't try to put it in the triplet.  Try using --with-cpu instead, and
a normal armv4t-linux-gnueabi triplet.

I'm pretty sure Xscale implements ARM v5TE though, so none of thse
hoops should be necessary.

> I need to find out where to look for a functional version of the gcc
> cross compiler for this cpu.

If you can't build GCC for your target, I suggest you either use a
help list for that purpose (gcc-help or the crosstool or buildroot
lists), or find a pre-compiled ARM Linux toolchain.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery