Re: i370 port

Paul Edwards wrote:

> And as I mentioned, there's just one real bug that I know of left.  I can
> bypass the bug in the GCC code that I am compiling, by forcing a
> function call.
>
> C:\devel\gccnew\gcc>gccmvs -DUSE_MEMMGR -Os -S -ansi -pedantic-errors -DHAVE_CON
> FIG_H -DIN_GCC -DPUREISO -I ../../pdos/pdpclib -I . -I config/i370 -I
> ../include
>          varasm.c
> varasm.c: In function `force_const_mem':
> varasm.c:3021: internal compiler error: in instantiate_virtual_regs_lossage,
> at
> function.c:3765
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gccmvs.sourceforge.net> for instructions.

That's a bit hard to diagnose without some further information ...

What insn it is failing on?  (To find out, use a debugger, or maybe
add a "debug_rtx (insn)" statement before the abort in
instantiate_virtual_regs_lossage)?

> which is bizarre.  It seems to be comparing two values that are 8 bytes
> apart, for a length of 196.  Can't imagine that doing anything useful.

This is conceivably another effect of the same bug, but again it's
hard to say.  You'd have to look at the generated RTX and see how
it changes over the various optimization stages (use -da to generate
RTX dumps after each stage).

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE