This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gcc-in-cxx] Trunk fails to bootstrap with --enable-build-with-cxx
- From: Pedro Lamarão <pedro dot lamarao at ccppbrasil dot org>
- To: Pedro Lamarão <pedro dot lamarao at ccppbrasil dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:23:38 -0300
- Subject: Re: [gcc-in-cxx] Trunk fails to bootstrap with --enable-build-with-cxx
- References: <4A774414.email@example.com> <4A959BC5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090826213654.GA18470@gmx.de> <email@example.com> <20090910200631.GC14166@gmx.de>
2009/9/10 Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>:
> * Pedro Lamarão wrote on Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:24:07AM CEST:
>> 2009/8/26 Ralf Wildenhues:
>> I think this is new in glibc 2.10, for the reasons given by Jason Merrill above.
>> I've discussed this problem with Jerry Quinn before, and he had a
>> tentative patch that worked for me.
>> As I understand things, this patch is on hold waiting for a solution
>> to the bootstrap comparison problem being discussed in another thread.
>> I am waiting for a solution to these problems to continue work on the
>> std::sort gcc-in-cxx subproject; keeping all these patches up to date
>> with trunk is too difficult for me right now.
>> Currently, I have a patch to an old revision of the trunk.
> Well, can you post the patch, or did I somehow miss it on the list?
> I'd be particularly interested if it tries to fix the Autoconf test
> in some sensible way.
I don't have it with me right now, but the solution is basically to
replace AC_CHECK_DECL(basename) with
AC_CHECK_FUNC(basename) in configure.ac.