This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make bootstrap and make not working for gcc-4.4.1
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Margaret Doll <Margaret_Doll at brown dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 16:39:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: make bootstrap and make not working for gcc-4.4.1
- References: <58BEACEA-EA13-422C-8972-B00E5F565664@brown.edu>
Margaret Doll wrote:
> I need help in installing gcc in /usr/local.
> After configuring gcc in /usr/local/gcc-4.4.1/objdir using
> ../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --enable-threads=[osix
> --enable-shared --enable-languages=c++,java --enable-bootstrap
> I try
> make bootstrap
> make: ** No rule to make target 'bootstrp'. Stop
Evidently, you misspelled bootstrap as bootstrp. Also,
--enable-bootstrap is the default in your case, and just make is fine. I
can also see a typo posix as [osix, and, again, that --enable-threads is
redundant, is the default, likewise for --enable-shared.