Re: MSVC hook function prologue

Am Thursday 03 September 2009 00:04:43 schrieb Paolo Bonzini:

>> *) The stack alignment code + msvc_prologue is used by Wine on osx though.
> I don't think this would prevent the patch from getting the patch in.
Ok, I'll read the patch contribution guidelines again and hope for the best.
Ideally I'd like gcc to generate efficient code for this, since we use this
on OSX, but I can live with the current situation for now - very few of the
functions we have to make hookable are performance critical.

> > *) What other changes are needed to get a functionality like this into
> > mainline?
>
> I think right now I'd make only two cosmetic adjustments:
I'll look into them - the 2nd one seems to make sense to me, for the first one
I have to look.

> > as otherwise for 64-bit target warning would be shown always?

> I don't know, I was just reworking Stefan's patch.  He didn't include
> function names (-p) in the patch so I don't know what function this is
> part of.
It was ix86_handle_abi_attribute. I'm usually using git, and don't like cvs
and svn too much. It seems svn diff doesn't support a -p option here. Maybe
I'll just switch to git-svn.

Thanks for your help!