This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Compiling the GNU ada compiler on a new platform


"Paul Smedley" <pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au> writes:

> I assume that at some point in time, ada didn't depend on an existing 
> gnat, so if I could find that version, I could compile a version of 
> gnat to get me started?? Otherwise it's a bit chicken and egg :(

Gnat needs a relatively recent gnat to compile itself.  You usually
start with a cross compiler.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]