Re: [trans-mem] cgraph edges vs function cloning

On 07/28/2009 10:16 AM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
There is code in cgraph_copy_node_for_versioning that redirect callers
in the list to new location.  Since clonning might render some code
unreachable and remove edges, this can lead to ICE.  But since this
was formely invented for IPA-CP, that is now using virtual clones,
perhaps we can simply drop this functionality unless you need it in your
branch?

I need nothing complicated from cgraph. An exact duplicate of the original function is perfect.

After getting that duplicate, I'll walk through it and make
some localized code changes which are just a tad more complicated
than simple symbol substitution.  After optimization is where
the bulk (but not all) of the changes for TM are applied.

I guess I'll poke at cleaning this up today.  I've got to
familiarize myself with how virtual clones work...

r~