This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: removing -Wtraditional-conversion
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:49:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: removing -Wtraditional-conversion
- References: <email@example.com>
Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> GCC 4.5 will remove protoize and unprotoize. I wonder whether we
> should also remove -Wtraditional-conversion and their associated
> warnings and testcases.
I don't see any reason to do that. The warning is independent of
whether or not we provide tools to introduce or remove prototypes; it's
useful for people who still have (even partially) K&R codebases. And
there are plenty of such people.
(650) 331-3385 x713