This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Any ada maintainers out there this afternoon? (Ada bootstrap broken on newlib targets)
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:26:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Any ada maintainers out there this afternoon? (Ada bootstrap broken on newlib targets)
- References: <4A6B252C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dave Korn wrote:
There's a clash between the FOPEN macro used by Ada (defined in adaint.h to
hide 32/64-bit file i/o selection) and an identically named macro defined in
Since they're only used in a few places, I think that probably the better
solution would be to stick a prefix in front of Ada's macros rather than
#undef the one from the newlib header, so I'm about to start work on a patch
that adds a "_GNAT_" prefix to each of the definitions in adaint.h, and their
respective uses in adaint.c and cstreams.c.
If any Ada maintainers would prefer a different prefix name, please drop me
a line or post to PR40857. Thanks.
__gnat_ seems like it would be more consistent with the other
definitions in adaint.h, but it's not critical certainly.