Re: RFA: libjava seems to miss some files for win32

2009/7/18 Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com>:
> Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Andrew Haley<aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Don't use uintptr_t, use unsigned int __attribute__((mode(PTR)). ?This
>>> is built-in to gcc, not a dependency on the host libc which might not
>>> be c99..'
>>
>> Except uintptr_t is required to be provided by a non hosted compiler like GCC.
>
> ?Come to think of it, we should use the __UINTPTR_TYPE__ thingy provided by
> jsm's recent stdint patch, shouldn't we?
>
> ? ?cheers,
> ? ? ?DaveK

Well, this sounds good. I wasn't aware that __UINTPTR_TYPE__ is
present. I just was aware of the SIZE, and PTRDIFF builtin macros,
which aren't useful here for all targets.
Maybe a __ULONGPTR_TYPE__ should be added as internal macro, too.
Because sometimes the widest scalar type between MAX(sizeof(long),
sizeof(void *)) is necessary, too. E.g. in libiberty there are such
cases I remember.

Cheers,
Kai