Re: [plugin] Directory for plugins distributed with gcc

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 14:50, Olatunji Ruwase<tjruwase@google.com> wrote:
> ÂSorry that I wasn't very specific with my question. I m currently
> wrapping up the conversion of
> Âmudflap into a plugin. Most of the required patches have being
> approved and committed, so I was
> Âthinking ahead as to where the the plugin code will reside.

Ah, this is a different issue.  What you are proposing is to take
mudflap out of GCC and convert it into a separate plugin.

I don't really have a strong opinion on mudflap in particular.  I
wouldn't mind making it a plugin, though.  What do other folks think?

In general I think spinning off modules/passes that are not used very
frequently (e.g. the tree browser) is a good idea since it reduces the
size of our code base.

Diego.