This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: updating autotools status
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: ralf dot wildenhues at gmx dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:25:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: updating autotools status
- References: <email@example.com>
On 07/14/2009 09:17 PM, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
Hey Ralf! Saw your message about updating gcc/src to current auto
tools, in favor. But, it looks like the autoconf 2.64 release is not
out, last I see is 2.63b at the end of March. This and
confirmation of --with-build-sysroot working seem to be the only open
issues standing in the way of the conversion of the GCC source
What's the eta for the 2.64 autoconf release? How is this to be timed
with the end of GCC Stage 1? If autoconf 2.64 is not out by the end of
July, does it make sense to use autoconf 2.63 instead?
Once we switch to 2.60 or later, we can always require the latest and
greatest just like we did between 2.54 and 2.59.