This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Code optimization with GCSE
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Jean Christophe Beyler <jean dot christophe dot beyler at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:29:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Code optimization with GCSE
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
As you can see, the compiler uses r9 to store data and then uses that
for data but also loads in r7 data+8 instead of directly using r9.
If I remove the loop then it does not do this.
This optimization is done by CSE only, currently. That's why it cannot
look through loops.