Re: Strange Performance Hit on 2D-Loop

On 16:37 Thu 09 Jul     , Richard Guenther wrote:
> Depends on the GCC version used.  First of all
>
>     printAddress(&gridNew[0][0]);
>     printAddress(&gridOld[0][0]);
>
> makes the addresses escape and GCC versions other than the
> current development trunk think that the malloced address can
> alias the global variables.

AFAICS that doesn't really matter: I still get the same results, even
if I remove printAddress().

-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
0049/3641-9-46376
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net

(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!