Re: Can GCC scheduler take advantage of mutually exclusive predicated blocks?

On 07/07/2009 02:21 AM, Bingfeng Mei wrote:
Hello,
Our GCC port&  VLIW target processor support predication. However, I don't
see the GCC schedule two mutually exclusive blocks (from IF and ELSE ) in
a way that they are independent from each other.

I am wondering if this is a problem of our porting and I missed some tricks
, or it is current limitation of GCC.

It can, but the test is fairly weak. See conditions_mutex_p in sched-deps.c. This could probably be enhanced...

r~