Becoming maintainer of FreeBSD x86_64 GNAT port

Hello.

I've submitted patches (and had them OK'd) to add support for FreeBSD on
x86_64 [1] and, as you can see, have been told that I need SVN write access
and (according the site [2]) a copyright assignment or a dedication of
work to the public domain.

Exactly how do I go about organising the above?

The documentation linked to on the FSF site is convoluted and not helpful.

I'm fully prepared to dedicate every single line I write to the public
domain. I'm solely interested in getting a working compiler - not in
copyright, credit, licensing or any other distractions.

Regards,

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg00102.html
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#legal