This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
-fstack-limit-register not work for ARM?
- From: Haitao Zhang <hzhang at netspectrum dot com>
- To: linux at arm dot linux dot org dot uk, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, linux-arm at lists dot arm dot linux dot org dot uk
- Cc: Jun Sun <jsun at netspectrum dot com>, vapier at gentoo dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:47:03 +0800
- Subject: -fstack-limit-register not work for ARM?
we recently use GCC 4.3.3 to build userland application use ARM EABI,
for running on a ARM7TDMI, mmuless platform.
after explicit compile application with -fstack-limit-register=R10,
there is no binary change with or without this option. Does this option work?
another thing, in old GCC 3.x series, there is a -mapcs-stack-check,
but once GCC and ARM ABI upgraded to use AAPCS,
seems there is no such option like -maapcs-stack-check.