This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: VTA guality assessment: better than -O0 ;-)


On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Eric Botcazou<ebotcazou@adacore.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I don't like -O0 producing worse debug info - what does
>> the -O0 -fvar-tracking-assignments results look like?
>
> I'd do the opposite: totally disable VTA at -O0 like we do for -fvar-tracking.
> We once tried to enable -fvar-tracking with -O0 at AdaCore and ended up with
> bloated and inferior debug info. ?I think we shouldn't need to do anything
> at -O0 apart from sufficiently curbing the code generator to get correct
> naive debug info; the sophisticated stuff should be reserved to -O and above.

Well, I see FAILs for -O0 compared to -O1 with VTA - that doesn't look "right".
How we fix this is not relevant - but we should try to do so.

Richard.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]