This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there a recursive debug_c_tree which decodes "variant tag"?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Larry Evans <cppljevans at suddenlink dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:42:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: Is there a recursive debug_c_tree which decodes "variant tag"?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Larry Evans <email@example.com> writes:
> While attempting to debug the compiler on:
> I'm having great difficulty understanding the output
> of debug_c_tree or debug_tree because the child
> tree's are not shown.
Can you give an example of what you mean? debug_tree does show child
trees as I understand it, although at each level down it shows less
information. If you want more information about a particular child,
then you can see the address in the shortened information, and you can
call debug_tree on that address.
> Is there any such debug_tree function usable in
> gdb or ddd which will show the actual tree
Here again I don't understand what you mean.