Re: Seeking suggestion

Jamie Prescott schrieb:

Thanks for the explanation. I somehow thought that every insn spit out by a
define_insn was automatically turned into a parallel.

That's true, the template of a define_insn is automatically wrapped up in a PARALLEL. But your addsi3 is a define_expand and this works differently.

Oh, OK. Thanks. So in case of a define_expand I have to manually pack the
multiple insns into a parallel, if I want them to stick together, right?

You are running in circles... you original solution with two distinct insns already did that (implicitely), as one insn expanded to a parallel add+clobber and the other to a plain addsi.

Georg-Johann