Re: GCC4.3.3: Bootstrap comparison failure!

>> I tried --save-temps and the resulting .s files were identical.
>> I found that the problem was introduced by "as".
>> I ran "as" twice with the same arguments. The two resulting .o files
>> were different.
>> I upgraded the binutils to the latest version: 2.19. The problem
>> hasn't gone away.
>
> That is very unusual and certainly indicates a bug in the assembler.
> Please file a bug against the GNU binutils at
> http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/ . ?Attach your assembler file to the
> bug. ?Thanks.

Ok. And it seems to be a system-specific bug. I even can't reproduce
it on a more
recent AMD machine with the same .s file and the same static linked "as" binary
. You can see more details at
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-05/msg00337.html. It's really
unusual.

Thanks.