Re: Exception Handling description

Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com> writes:

> Is there any documentation on the contents of .eh_frame
> and the augmentations used?  IIRC, the data describes the
> try blocks and the catch handlers, but I'm looking for
> the gory details.

I don't know of any docs.  Docs would be nice.

Here is the comment from gcc/dwarf2out.c:

      /* Augmentation:
	 z	Indicates that a uleb128 is present to size the
		augmentation section.
	 L	Indicates the encoding (and thus presence) of
		an LSDA pointer in the FDE augmentation.
	 R	Indicates a non-default pointer encoding for
		FDE code pointers.
	 P	Indicates the presence of an encoding + language
		personality routine in the CIE augmentation.  */

gcc before 3.0 used a different scheme, which you can probably ignore.
In that scheme the augmentations were exactly the three bytes "eh\0".

Ian