This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Exception Handling description
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:54:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: Exception Handling description
- References: <4A0D9E70.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Michael Eager <email@example.com> writes:
> Is there any documentation on the contents of .eh_frame
> and the augmentations used? IIRC, the data describes the
> try blocks and the catch handlers, but I'm looking for
> the gory details.
I don't know of any docs. Docs would be nice.
Here is the comment from gcc/dwarf2out.c:
z Indicates that a uleb128 is present to size the
L Indicates the encoding (and thus presence) of
an LSDA pointer in the FDE augmentation.
R Indicates a non-default pointer encoding for
FDE code pointers.
P Indicates the presence of an encoding + language
personality routine in the CIE augmentation. */
gcc before 3.0 used a different scheme, which you can probably ignore.
In that scheme the augmentations were exactly the three bytes "eh\0".