Re: New GCC releases comparison and comparison of GCC4.4 and LLVM2.5 on SPEC2000

Vladimir Makarov wrote:

People are complaining about GCC compilation speed and of course we should work on its speedup. But GCC is not so bad, for example SUN Studio compiler is almost 2 times slower than GCC.

Well, outside of these comparisons, I often completely flatten my colleagues (at home and abroad) because I compile the full 10^6 lines of Fortran code HIRLAM weather forecasting system in less than 5 minutes on my quad core PC (using make -j8). That's using -O3 (i.e., including vectorization).

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/