Re: New GCC releases comparison and comparison of GCC4.4 and LLVM2.5 on SPEC2000

Andi Kleen wrote:
>> From looking http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/I2Size32.png it does
>> not look that bad at all.  For SpecFP it is different, but code size is
>
> The code size seems to be much worse than LLVM at least, unless
> I misread the graphs.

Not really, see http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/GLI2Size32.png and
http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/GLF2Size32.png

That said, the LLVM results are totally interesting and kudos must go to
the LLVM people.  (I would love to have a DAG-based instruction
selection pass...)

Paolo