Re: cout Issue

2009/5/12 Arthur Schwarz:

> Program and particulars below.
>
> When line 27 is commented out, line 26 is output. When line 27 is not commented, line 26 is not output except that if x.file contains a line feed the null line line 26 & line 27 are output. If x.file does not contain a line feed, only line 27 is output.
>
> Does the line feed have an effect on the 'cout <<' of line 26 of the program?
>
> Note. The code is awful and this is an example.

Hi Arthur,
This question is off-topic on this list as it has nothing to do with
development of gcc, the gcc-help list or a C++ forum would be better.

I would guess that your file has DOS-style line-endings so a
carriage-return is output after line 26, and line 27 is overwriting
the output of line 26.

Jonathan