This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: naked zero_extracts longer than a word.
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com, law at redhat dot com, "Bonzini, Paolo" <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:53:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: naked zero_extracts longer than a word.
- References: <4A083BC9.email@example.com>
On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 10:52 -0400, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
> Would those that know, (or even those that are just generally vocal) be
> willing to support a change rtl.texi for sign_extract (and by
> implication, zero_extract) from ...
> to a version that explicitly prohibits the use of a mode longer than a word?
Just grepping, I can find one example that currently uses this. See the
x86_movdicc_0_m1_se pattern in the i386.md file. However, I suspect
this is a bug, and that the pattern should be using TARGET_64. I don't
have x86 manuals handy.