This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: cond-optab merge delay? [was Re: GCC 4.5.0 Status Report (2009-05-05)]
- From: "Ramana Radhakrishnan" <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- To: "'Paolo Bonzini'" <bonzini at gnu dot org>, <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Ramana Radhakrishnan" <ramana dot r at gmail dot com>, "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, <matz at suse dot de>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:57:32 +0100
- Subject: RE: cond-optab merge delay? [was Re: GCC 4.5.0 Status Report (2009-05-05)]
- References: <20090505162529.2C3D64C1C089@zelda.codesourcery.com> <4A02E7BC.email@example.com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of
> Paolo Bonzini
> Sent: 07 May 2009 14:53
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Cc: email@example.com; Ramana Radhakrishnan; Richard Earnshaw
> Subject: cond-optab merge delay? [was Re: GCC 4.5.0 Status Report
> > The slush that I requested last week has been lifted. However, I
> > asked for relative calm until the cond-optab branch has been merged
> > mainline, which will hopefully occur on Friday, May 8th.
> cond-optab branch was bootstrapped on arm-linux among other targets, so
> the merge should not introduce any new problem. Still, because the ARM
> crash has not been solved yet, I will perform the merge either on
> 8th *afternoon* or on Tuesday 12th *morning* (always European time).
> I'll go for Tuesday unless I get a "go" from either Richard Earnshaw
> (ARM maintainer and global reviewer) or Ramana Radhakrishnan (who's
> taking care of bootstrapping the ARM-fixing patch).
The patch thanks to Michael got arm-linux-gnueabi bootstrapping again. The
tests are still running and I don't notice anything untoward with atleast
the ARM tests. It's now cycling on to the thumb tests.