This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++] Inheritance chain enumeration
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: Piotr Wyderski <piotr dot wyderski at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 15:42:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++] Inheritance chain enumeration
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Piotr Wyderski wrote:
> Namely, where do you keep the "direct base information about
> a class type" and what data structures from libstdc++ should I
> become familiar with? And the last question: is the format
> expected to stable in terms of GCC development?
Anything defined in the ABI docs should be pretty stable.
To find the base classes, look at the typeinfo for the class, which will be
abi::__class_type_info or one of its derivatives as specified in the ABI doc
section 2.9.5; the derived types have pointers to (one or more) base class