This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -combine option for C++ sourcesâ
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: <pjoisha at alumni dot northwestern dot edu>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 07:28:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: -combine option for C++ sourcesâ
- References: <BAY129-W36564DE8C0C48B8604FC883690@phx.gbl>
Pramod Joisha <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Presently, the -combine option works only for C sources. I was
> wondering whether there are technical reasons for not supporting it
> for C++ sources. If not, are there plans for providing this support in
> the near future?
As a historical note, Geoff Keating, who implemented -combine for C, was
working on -combine for C++ when his employer, Apple, decided to halt
contributions to gcc. I don't know how far he got or whether he would
be able to share his patches.